Getting sick is no fun, and sometimes you need the help of a specialist. Your ENT doctor may be one of those specialists. ENT doctors are experts at diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, and sinus problems. Your ENT doctor can help you breathe easier.
What You Need To Know About ENT Services
You should visit your ENT doctor for acute conditions, including:
- Experiencing problems with your ears, nose, throat, sinuses, head, or neck which have lasted longer than 7 to 10 days
- Having a fever that continues for more than 3 days
- Feeling pain in your ears, throat, nose, head, or neck which doesn’t go away
- Seeing a discharge from your ears
- Seeing a discharge from your nose that is green or yellow
- Experiencing sinus pain and pressure that doesn’t go away
These signs and symptoms could indicate you have a bacterial infection. Bacterial infections don’t resolve on their own. They typically need antibiotics prescribed by your ENT doctor.
These are just a few conditions treated by your ENT doctor:
Allergies, which are treated with allergy testing to determine what you are allergic to. Then your ENT doctor may prescribe:
- Decongestants and antihistamines
- Steroid nasal drops
- Sublingual immunotherapy
- Allergy injections
- Environmental modifications
Hearing loss, which is treated with hearing testing to determine the severity of your hearing loss. Your ENT doctor may recommend hearing aids, cochlear implants, and other devices to help you hear better.
Snoring and sleep apnea, which are treated with sleep testing to determine if you have sleep apnea. Your ENT doctor may recommend wearing a CPAP machine when you sleep, or a mandibular advancement appliance.
Your ENT doctor can also treat:
- Strep throat
- Thyroid problems
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Chronic sore throats
- Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears
Want To Know More?
To find out more about ear, nose, and throat treatments and services, and how your ENT doctor can help you, call your ENT doctor today.